The Competition (Junior Division)
- Competition is open to Filipino artists age 11 to 17, a student within the Greater Metro Manila Area.
- Artwork must be apolitical and respond to the theme “LRT-Sasakyan Ko Sa Magandang Kinabukasan”, should be uplifting and connotes positivity (dark and negative imagery is strongly discouraged).
- Entry size requirement is 36” x 24” in portrait or landscape orientation excluding the frame, and must be done in either oil or acrylic on canvas only.
- Entries must be original and have been done within 2017, not been revised, exhibited nor entered in any art competitions.
- Entries must be submitted ready for hanging, using nylon cords (tansi) only.
- Other rules, guidelines, eligibility requirements and official entry forms will be available for download at the LRTArt website.
Top 25 works: Twenty-five finalists will each receive two thousand pesos (Php 2,000) and a certificate.
Juror’s Choice award: Three works selected from the 25 finalists will be awarded a special prize of ten thousand pesos (Php 10,000) each and certificates.
3rd prize selected from the 25 finalists will receive fifty thousand pesos (Php 50,000) and a trophy.
2nd prize selected from the 25 finalists will receive one hundred thousand pesos (Php 100,000) and a trophy.
1st prize selected from the 25 finalists will receive one hundred fifty thousand pesos (Php 150,000) and a trophy.